~ All pictures on this blog are copyrighted by me unless otherwise noted. Do not duplicate or use without my permission or crediting me. ~
Click on any picture for a larger image!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

The Sheraton hotel downtown always hosts a gingerbread house competition. They are each designed by architectural firms, and have a theme. Here are a few of them! These pictures aren't exactly photographically wonderful, but I just wanted to capture the brilliance and beauty of these.

Here is the Star of Bethlehem in the middle, made entirely of candied sugar. To the left, is the non-vacant inn, and it's difficult to see but the right is the manger where Jesus was born.


 Close-up of the inn. I love how the candied sugar was blown out into a globe.


Do you recognize all the Seattle sights? In particular, the Space Needle, ferry, Great Wheel, Big Bertha, and Underground.


This is the back side of it.


And a close up.


Under the Sea!


I like the sea turtle it's all built upon.



This is all a family tradition to go and visit these after school is out. It always was and still is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment