~ All pictures on this blog are copyrighted by me unless otherwise noted. Do not duplicate or use without my permission or crediting me. ~
Click on any picture for a larger image!

Monday, February 11, 2013

More photo editing trials

 Here are some more outputs from my trip through editing land:

Original:

Edited:
Here I was going for a more vintage-y look. I wanted to convey the girl's exhaustion/tiredness. I turned it black and white, colored in the girl (to take the focus away from the girl next to her and the awkward lap in the foreground), and then softened the entire image, darkening the edges of the picture in the process.

Original:

   Edited:
Here, I didn't really know what I was going for...mainly just sharpening? I added a red tint all over, but I think the contrast is a bit blinding... However, the red brought out the brown of the duck.

Original:


Edited:
I really like this picture. I saw this couple dancing on red square, and while this girl was doing a turn, I took the picture. I only wish the guy was more visible. On the computer, I cropped it and then added a green tint. The overall image reminds me of Paris; it's very romantic, old-school picture.

Original:

   Edited:
 This picture was taken by the Boyfriend when we went on our photowalk. I really like the vantage point (I take credit for pointing it out to him, haha). But since it was at night, it was a little grainy and blue. I really need to figure out how to fix that.

So into the photo editor it went. The only edits I did were boosting the color a tiny bit, and then adding a sepia tone to it. The biggest difference I think, is the color from blue-purple to orange-brown. However, with the edits, I think it's harder to tell what the picture is of.

Original:

   Edited:
I present to you: The Boyfriend. There is this random light that sticks up from the ground near the Molecular Science building. I don't know what it's for, but I told him to stand next to it. And he did! I like the way the light reflected onto his right, illuminating him. I just cropped it, brightened the light and darkened the background, and got rid of the lights on his left.

Original:
   Edited:
He's looking into the spotlight :) I had him stand in one of the circles of light from this picture, zoomed in, and had him look up so the light didn't reflect weirdly on his face. I liked the idea of the picture, and honestly would have been fine without editing it. But I thought, hey, why not, and just darkened the image, getting rid of the background.

 What do you think of these edits?


2 comments:

  1. I wrote about a similar issue, I give you the link to my site. clipping path company

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! It was one of the most heartfelt and entertaining books I've ever read. I think everyone should read it!

    Visit Here: photoshop clipping path

    ReplyDelete